Thursday, July 31, 2014

He's Been A Bad Boy

Cleveland Browns player Johnny Manziel, also known as "Johnny Football", has created quite the reputation for himself. At only 21 years old, there are years of offenses against him. As an athlete at Texas A&M, he created controversy by gambling, drinking under age, oversleeping, and more. Click here to see 16 outrageous things he did in college including a tweet saying that he couldn't wait to leave college. Fast forward to being drafted by the Browns in this years NFL draft, he soon after posted a picture of himself with a stack of money (seen below). He is known to be a risk taker on and off the field, making all of his actions unpredictable.
Since being drafted just a month ago, he has continued to create controversy and has even been accused of having a drinking problem.
He has made several sort of apologies and statements about his behavior including "Nothing on the weekends that I'm doing is hopefully hurting any of my teammates in the locker room, " and "I don’t think there’s anything wrong with me going out and having a nightlife and having a social life. I mean, I am 21 years old, and I do like going out."

Even with controversies making Manziel a household name, he is a great quarterback and is a favorite to start this upcoming season over Browns veteran Brian Hoyer. And even though he is known for his flashy life style, he recognizes that he's made mistakes saying, “There’s some things I wish I could have gone back and done a little differently, but (I’m) continuing to move forward and try to represent this organization and this team in a positive manner and in a positive light.” All of us looking at his actions need to remember that he's still young and only a rookie. He has amazing potential in the NFL, and if he can clean up his act, he is bound to surprise us all.

No comments:

Post a Comment